Just a few people that know what we think.

Monday 4 April 2011

The Red Wagon Cafe


Last Sunday we checked out this restaurant on Hastings near Nanaimo. At first I thought it would be classic Hipster scene with the hoard of chicks with no make-up and overpriveleged babies with staring problems. However, the waitress let us stand inside while we waited for a seat (10-15 mins) and even brought us coffee with shit in it (ie. sugar, cream). Most hipster places would just give you a look, a sigh, and an expression of some sort. The staff was nice and the menu was a bit different. Of note: Pulled Pork Pancakes WWHHHHAAAAATTT??!  It's true. and that Mexican shit with yummy soggy saucy tortilla chips and eggs and all that on top. I think it's called Chilliquillades or something.
Anyways, when we got to sit we got our food which was all good. I even ordered a few extra pancakes cause I eat what I want. They had bananas in them and were spectacular.
Once we got to eating I realized that what once was very accommodating proved to be a taste of my own medicine. All the people waiting for tables were crammed in and the cold air from the door gushed into my personal space. Grrrr. Asses pressed in about 1/2 a foot from my pancakes.
But whatever, we finished and it was tasty and I would go back.

2 comments:

  1. What, you didn't get a picture? or just don't know how to post it?

    P.S. Take me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had some trouble with photo uploading last night. Anyways, It's there for you to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete